Registering for Classes in Self Service (Enrolled in 100% Online Programs)
Modified on: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 11:04 PM
To Register for a Class:
- Go to http://my.lsua.edu. Enter your LSUA username and password to log in. (Need to request a username? Visit this link. Forgot your password? Change it here.)
- Once logged in to your account, go to the menu at the top of the page and click on the “Self-Service” link.
- Scroll to the end of the splash page and click “Continue to Self-Service.”
- Select the “Register” tab in the Self-Service menu and then click on the “Traditional Courses” link directly below it.
- Select the period for which you’ve been authorized to register. You can select either the period name or the green open book. Note that if you are in a 100% online program, the period will be Spring 2 and/or Spring 3 or Fall 2 and/and or Fall 3. In the example below, the student has been authorized to register for both Spring 2 and Spring 3.
To search for classes, you will select the link or tab, "Section Search."
- In the “Period” field, select the semester for which to want to register for courses.
- If you know the course for which you want to register, you can search by entering the course prefix and number in the “Course Code” field (e.g., CMST 1061).
- Once you click “Search”, a list of available sections of the course will appear. Included for each section listed is the instructor’s name, the start and end date for the course, the course meeting time, and the number of credits earned if the course is successfully completed. To add the course to your cart, click on the “Add” button in the far-right column.
Once you’ve added a course to your cart, you can either click “View Cart” (and, if you wish, add more courses) or click “Proceed to Registration” to complete the registration process.
- When you click “Proceed to Registration,” you will have an opportunity to review your schedule. To finalize it, click “Next” in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- An account summary screen will appear showing the course(s) for which you have registered and the cost of attendance. Click next one more time.
- You are now registered for courses!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.