Note: Proctorio was implemented to be a free proctoring option for students and instructors. Your instructor will set up the exam in Moodle to use the free Proctorio options. These free options include only the lockdown features. You will not need a webcam or microphone if your exam is being proctored with Proctorio.
1. Always use the Chrome web browser when interacting with a Proctorio-enabled exam. Chrome is fast, secure, and works on any computer.
- Click the following link to install Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
2. Make sure you have the Proctorio Chrome extension installed. This is a vital step for the program to run properly. You only need to do this once.
- Click the following link to install the Proctorio extension: https://getproctorio.com/
3. Below is a link to system requirements for Proctorio.
4. 24/7 Live Chat – When you are on your course page in Moodle, you can access 24/7 live chat for any questions that you may have.
- To access the live chat, click on the gray shield icon on the top right-hand corner of your Chrome browser.
5. When you’re ready to begin your exam in Moodle, find a quiet, comfortable location to take your exam. Then, simply navigate to your course in Moodle and take the exam that your instructor has provided for you.
- Once you click the exam, you will be prompted to perform system checks. Visit this website to learn more about the system checks in Proctorio: https://proctorio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/200174260-Quiz-System-Checks
6. Watch the video below to learn what to expect when you begin your exam in Moodle. You will not need a webcam or microphone, if your exam is being proctored with Proctorio. See the note above.
7. Only your institution has access to your exam attempt, not Proctorio nor anyone else. Review the Data Security link below for more information.
8. Technical Support Information