Taking an Exam/Quiz on Moodle
Modified on: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 10:39 PM
- Select the assessment from your class page. It is designated by a page with a red check mark.
- Once opening the assessment, you will see the splash page that contains information about the test. This includes an exam description (optional by instructor), how many attempts allowed, time limit, and the exam dates the test will be available.
- Once selecting attempt quiz now, you will be given a start here confirmation message. This is your last opportunity to leave the quiz without it impacting your attempt. If you are ready to start, select start attempt.
- **Please note – it is highly suggested that you use Google Chrome as your testing browser. Do NOT use Internet Explorer. It is not compatible with Moodle and can result in your test crashing. It is also recommended that you use a hardwire connection. Wi-Fi can be intermittent which can result in you being disconnected from your assessment.
- Once starting your test, you will be given a quiz navigation on the left hand side with a running clock showing how much time is remaining. Once answering your question, you will select “next” to proceed to the next question.
- As you proceed through the assessment, the question blocks will become grayed out as you have answered the questions. You have the ability to “flag question” for ones that you want to return to before submitting your test (your question number will have a red corner to reflect the flag). You will also notice that question numbers will remain unshaded if you did not provide an answer. This is a great way to double check that you have provided a response for each question before submitting your test.
- Once completing the last question, you will be given a summary of your attempt. This is your final chance to make adjustments to your test. You will be shown questions that you have and haven’t answered as well as any flags. *Please note – some professors prevent you returning to questions in the exam. Each assessment will vary based on the instructor’s preferences. Once satisfied with your responses, select “Submit all and finish.”
- You will provided one last chance to make adjustments before submitting your assessment. Select submit all and finish. Your exam will NOT be turned in if you do not select this button which could result in no score.
- Once submitting, you will be brought back to the exam splash page. Depending on the settings, you may be given the chance to see your score and possibly review the test questions to see what you missed. This is at the discretion of the instructors. Your grade will also be available in your Moodle gradebook once the assessment has closed.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.