In this guide, we will show you how to use the whiteboard feature during a Zoom meeting.
1. First, you need to make sure Whiteboard is enabled in your Zoom settings.
3. Once you are logged in, click Settings from the left hand menu.
4. Next, navigate to the Whiteboard section and the Annotation section and ensure that each is toggled on. Your applied settings will save automatically.
Using Whiteboard During a Zoom Meeting
1. When you are in an active Zoom meeting, click the Share Screen button on the menu bar.
2. Click Whiteboard, then Share.
3. Use the tool bar to add annotations.
- Select: Allows you to select, move, or resize your annotations. To select several annotation at once, click and drag your mouse to display a selection area.
- Text: Creates a text placeholder for inserting text.
- Draw: Allows you to draw lines, arrows, shapes. When you click Draw, an expanded menu will display with more options to select.
- Stamp: Where you can insert predefined icons like a checkmark, star, or heart.
- Spotlight/Arrow:Click on this icon to see two options for turning your cursor into a spotlight or an arrow.
- Spotlight: Displays your mouse pointer to all participants like an online laser pointer.
- Arrow: Displays a small arrow instead of your mouse pointer. Click on the whiteboard to insert an arrow with your name in it. Each subsequent click will remove the previous arrow placed.
- Eraser: Click and drag to erase parts of your annotation.
- Format: Change the formatting options of annotations like the color, line width, and font.
- Undo/Redo: Allows you to undo or redo steps.
- Clear: You can choose to delete your annotations, all annotations, or the students’ annotations. To delete one annotation, select it with your mouse, and click delete on your keyboard or use the Eraser tool.
- Save: Allows you to save all annotations on the screen as a screenshot. The screenshot is saved locally on your computer.
4. When you’re finish, click Stop Share.