Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an authentication method in which a computer user is granted access only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication system. The goal of MFA is to create a layered defense and make it more difficult for an unauthorized person to access your account.
Follow the instructions below to register your LSUA account to use multi-factor authentication.
1. On a computer, open a web browser in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Go to https://aka.ms/MFASetup
2. Next, login to your account using your LSUA credentials. Use your full email address.
3. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be required to provide more security information. Please click Next.
4. Confirm your phone number and select the method to receive a text or call. Click Next.
5. On the next page, type in the verification code you received either by text or phone call. Click Verify.
6. Once your verification is successful, click Done.
7. You will be redirected to the Additional Security Verification page. From the drop down menu, select your preferred method for verification. We recommend that you choose Text code to my authentication phone.
8. In the next section, under How would you like to respond?, select an additional method of contact. We recommend that you choose Authentication app or token. Then, click the Set up Authenticator app button. A pop up titled Configure mobile app will open.
9. On your phone, download the Microsoft Authenticator App for iOS or Android.
10. Next, open the Microsoft Authenticator App on your phone. Select Add an Account and then choose Work or School Account.
11. Scan the QR code with your phone or enter the code manually. When your app displays a 6-digit code, click Next.
12. On your computer, your account will start verifying. At this point, your account is syncing with your Microsoft Authenticator App. Once the verification process is complete, you will be required to approve your work account in the Microsoft Authenticator App.
13. Your phone’s name will display under the Authenticator app option below. Click Save to complete the setup.
14. Next, click Close and you will be redirected to your profile page.
15. Your profile page is where you can reset your password, add additional security questions, or sign out everywhere. You do not need to take any action on this page. You may now close the web browser and continue as normal.
Note: When you sign in to other devices that use your LSUA Microsoft account, you may be prompted to approve sign-in request. If this message displays, you can check Don’t ask again for 60 days for a grace period.
If you have any questions, submit a help desk ticket to email@example.com.