Note: Adobe Reader is the recommended PDF viewer for signing documents electronically. You can download Adobe Reader for free here https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- To sign a document using Adobe Reader, first open the PDF document in the Adobe Acrobat Reader application. Click the “Fill & Sign” bottom in the right pane.
- Click the “Sign” button on the toolbar and select “Add Signature” to add your signature to the PDF.
- By default, Adobe Reader selects “Type” so you can type your name and have it converted to a signature. However, this will not look like your real signature so is not ideal.
- Instead, select “Draw” and then draw your signature using your mouse or touch screen.
- After creating a signature, click “Apply” to apply it to the document. Leave “Save Signature checked” and you can quickly add this signature in the future.
- Next, position your signature where you want it with your mouse and click to apply it.
- To save your signed PDF document, click File > Save and select a location for the file.