Students in classes using the Live+ Proctoring DO need to schedule an appointment. To schedule an appointment:
- Login to Moodle and navigate to the course you need to schedule a Live Proctoring exam for.
- Click the Access ProctorU Resources and follow the on screen instructions.
- If you do not yet have an account, it will prompt you to create one.
- If you do have an account, you can schedule from here.
Students in classes using the Record+/Review + Proctoring DO NOT need to schedule an appointment but you MUST have the ProctorU Google Chrome extension installed. If you do not have Google Chrome installed on your computer, visit https://www.google.com/chrome/ to download.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to this website to install the ProctorU extension.
- Once the extension is installed, click the blue owl in the upper right of your Google Chrome browser and select Login.
- On the next page, click Sign In. If you do not have an account, select New User? Sign up here. We recommend that you use your LSUA email address to create an account.
- After you've signed in, login to Moodle and navigate to your exam (ONLY during the time the exam is open) and start your exam.
Note: If you have both the Proctorio extension and the ProctorU extension installed on Google Chrome, you may need to disable the Proctorio extension in order for ProctorU to work. To disable an extension in Google Chrome:
- In Google Chrome, at the top right, click the three vertical dot icon and select More Tools > Extensions.
- Use the button next to the extension to turn it on or off.
For both Live+ and Record+/Review+, you need to:
1. Have a webcam.
2. Have a photo ID to show the camera.
3. Be in a quiet room alone (to the greatest extent possible).
4. Have a good Internet Connection – consider turning off other Internet devices or put them in airplane mode.
5. Be on a laptop or desktop computer (PC or MAC) – not a phone, tablet, iPad, Chromebook, etc.
Below are helpful articles from ProctorU’s website:
- Visit the link below for technical and account support.
Due to COVID-19, student fees for ProctorU are currently being waived for Summer 2020 ONLY. If you have scheduled an exam and paid during this period, you can cancel that appointment to get a refund and then reschedule now that institution pay is set up.