TABLE OF CONTENTS
A top navigation bar is present throughout the site. Most faculty will see the Registration, Grades, Finances, Classes, Advising, Administration, and Search menu options.
In addition, on the right of the navigation bar, there are options to view your Faculty Profile and the “Hamburger” icon, which is another navigational menu across the top for viewing Registration, Grades, Finances, Classes, Advising, and Search menu options.
Below we will review the most relevant menu options: Classes, Advising, and Search.
The Classes menu includes a drop-down to view the following options: My Schedule and Course Management. You must hover over Classes for the menu to display.
- My Schedule – Displays the instructor’s course schedule for the selected year and term. When a class is displayed, click on it for a list of enrolled students.
- Course Management – Provides in-depth information about enrollment and grading for a faculty courses.
Under Course Management, there are the following options:
- Class List – To view a specific course list, select the Period and Course from the drop-down menu to view.
- Overall Grades – Where to view and add Midterm/Final Grades for students.
- Overall Attendance and Daily Attendance – Review the following document to learn how to use the Overall Attendance and Daily Attendance. https://helpdesk.lsua.edu/support/solutions/articles/48000986513-submitting-attendance-in-self-service
The Advising menu includes a drop-down to view the following options: Manage Advisees, Authorize Registration, and Shared Advisees. You must hover over Advising for the menu to display.
We strongly recommend that you use the MyLSUA advisee page to authorize registration. You can use the Search advisee box on your MyLSUA page (shown below). This box is typically located under the scrolling banner. You can use the first part of their email address (their username) OR their student ID number (with or without the P) to find them. Their Student ID number is in Degree Navigator (which you should look at to advise anyway).
The Search menu includes a drop-down menu to view the following options: Course and Section. The search features provide course listings from the catalog and from period section offerings.
- Course - Displays information from the general course catalog.
- Section - Displays information specific to a course section offered during the selected year/term.